Sunday, October 12, 2014

Creating With Sketches Volume 3!!! It's here, it's here!!!

It's finally here!! And now I can share this layout I created for Creating With Sketches Volume 3- by the talented Kristine Davidson. It's full of amazing inspiration and talented designers' interpretation of tons of new sketches!! What's not to love!!!




I love that Kristine gave me this sketch that put me a bit out of my comfort zone. It was so linear, so much "naked patterned paper",  it was a little freaky at first, but then, as with all sketches, the photos and papers came together and I'm very happy with the result.



I didn't really have that third (make that fifth and sixth) photo to complete this layout- I felt the pictures were perfect but in the wrong orientation. I made them smaller, flipped them and replace a photo with a wonderful placemat  and VoilĂ !!!

This was taken on the last day of school in 2014- still a chilly day for June but you can tell they were itching for summer, wearing shorts all the same. I love the brotherly love that shows through on these photos. I'll treasure them always.

I used tons of Fancy Pants Design Happy Go Lucky collection.  I added some Jillibean soup alphas, a placemat and a corrugated heart. The clip and twine are by Maya Road and the wood veneer is by Studio Calico. Check out that cute Lime Citron flair badge.


But now enough about me! Think about where you'll get your next inspiring sketch! Get your own digital copy now with a coupon here:




To get a printed copy, go to  Creating With Sketches Volume 3 and pre-order before October 15th. It's amazing and so fun to leaf through it! My 2 other volumes are the first source of inspiring sketches for me and they have been since they came out. They're so easy and versatile, and they really prevent "Scrapper's block"... Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment