Saturday, January 17, 2015

A bit of summer in the snow

It's full of that gorgeous fluffy snow outside and although it looks beautiful and inviting, it's pretty cold out there today. We might have to wait a bit before venturing outside. In the meantime, I'll bring back a warm, cute memory from summer.

It's reveal 107 at Let's Capture Our Memories and it's a wonderful, fun sketch by Laura Whitaker. When I saw it, I knew immediately what collection had all these cute elements to match my photo. This sketch is a great way to use and showcase all these little embellishments and chipboard elements. I used the I Heart Summer from Simple Stories.



I've had this photo of DS#3 lying around since I took it, in the summer of 2013. I knew it had to be a big photo- big enough to really showcase the ice cream on his bike helmet. The fact that he has no idea it's there or where his ice cream went was priceless. We had been on a bike ride with our visiting friends and their kids and had stopped halfway for a soft serve treat. We got a treat and a pretty good laugh!




Here are a few close-ups:




I didn't use all circular elements like the sketch, but I kept the same proportions- to me, this still works. As you can see, this was amazing simple to create, but sometimes, it can be easy. It doesn't have to be a really complicated masterpiece each time. It can be about telling the story... ;)


I hope you all have a fun, crafty week making stuff, if not, at least making memories!



1 comment: