Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas layout- sketch 103

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, more and more! There's nothing like Christmas papers and embellies to get me in the Jingle Bells mood. That and DS#1 hammering Deck The Halls on the piano every chance he gets. He really loves that song... After this layout was made, I went to town making some teacher cards from the kids. Apparently they were liked and appreciated- more on that later.

This week's Let's Capture Our Memories reveal is a sketch by Becky Fleck at Pagemaps. Its great and easy! What I like most about it is the fact it can be a great way to use up 6x6 paper strips. Sometimes I get these specifically for card making, but with an awesome sketch like this one, the 6x6 pads can make a lot more than cards.

Here's the sketch:



And here is my interpretation:




These are photos from 2010, when DS#2 was in love with trucks, any truck. Amazingly enough, no matter what the truck looked like, to him, they were all cement trucks. Oh, his surprise was great when he saw his sitter bring him an actual cement truck as a present.

I made the background with the Tim Holtz Stars mask with platinum coloured ink by Tsukineko. I used silver thread stitching as an accent. Most of the strips have stitching on them, either neat of kind of messy back and forth lines. I added some snowflake accents, a sticker banner, some buttons and bling, and a hidden journaling tag bottom left. Doesn't he make a great kissy-face? Enjoy this sketch, I know I did...



No comments:

Post a Comment