Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Top layouts of 2014

Hello scrappy people!!

It's been my most productive scrappy year yet. I feel I'm getting better at managing my creative time, finding inspiration anywhere, and sometimes, completing a layout in my head way before it's time to assemble anything-so the actual scrapping is more productive.

I've only been blogging since last fall, although I've been scrapping since 2006. Styles have evolved and it's always fun to look back. I won't take you back to 2006, but this time of year just calls out for countdowns-

I've been fortunate to be able to participate in Let's Capture Our Memories Design Team for a third term. The sketches are fun, and Aurélie's coordinating skills are out of this world. I love her input and encouragement. Her enthusiasm is contagious. I wish her amazing singing voice was contagious as well... ;)

Most of my layouts are DT work for LCOM. The "homework" keeps me productive and motivated, and the sketches are fun so it never seems like a chore.

These are my favorite layouts of 2014.

Here's a Christmas layout made with some Jillibean Soup, the Winter Tortellini collection. I didn't really feel it at first- too much pink. However, it's the one winter/Christmas collection I've used to shreds. It's destroyed! Like 3 layouts and 8 Christmas cards...barely a scrap left! I love it! Santa and Mrs. Claus visit our workplace and this is a photo from 2012. The title translates to "The nice list".






Next up is a summer layout, my Baywatch layout! This Fancy Pants collection is fabulous, and perfect for this photo of DS#2 being funny- I have a few more layouts lined up with this one...



This page is of DS#3's wonderful grin. He's quite the little theatre man- he's expressive, funny, and likes to tease people. This photo captures his personality.



In keeping with this great collection by Fancy Pants, here's another layout done with the same papers, but to me looks totally different. DS#2 is posing sweetly before his first day of school.





DS#1 is a bike fiend- he loves going fast, never complains on a bike ride, like freedom warms his heart. This is a grungy layout about his new bike. He was trying to lift it over his head, like we do after a hard climb in a fun/different location.



Biking is a big part of this family's activities. We hope the boys learn to enjoy it as much as we do and keep on with this wonderful sport. This is a photo at an annual fundraiser for local schools.



In an effort to be in more of the pictures, without cutting anyone out, we're taking more selfies. Family of 5 selfies are a challenge... and not always the best picture, but they capture a moment and a mood... This was done as an August color spot challenge at Let's Capture Our Memories.



I love this fall theme paper by Simple Stories. We had a wonderful day trip at a local national park last fall, and this layout was also pretty fun to make.



We have a great time when outdoors- we love camping also. This layout was made about a camping trip where time was also spent in Freeport, Maine, at the L.L. Bean HQ. What a fun place...




I was lucky enough to be asked to be a guest designer at My Creative Scrapbook for the month of November. I got the main kit. I love these layouts because they are so different from what I usually do. My style has been described as rambunctious and loud. Changing things up is good sometimes... I also have to incorporate more layouts with the grand-parents. Great memories for the kiddos.


These are so much softer than my usual... Maggie Holmes Open Book collection.



My friend Kristine Davidson published a third sketch book this fall. Another book filled to the brim with inspiration at your fingertips. It's an amazing place, full of fun designs and examples. I was lucky to be asked to be a part of it. Here is my layout...



Well, that's it for now... Wishing you an amazing new year filled with health, joy, love and fun surprises!

Thanks for looking-

1 comment: