Saturday, November 22, 2014

Some sightseeing stew for a biking layout-

It's already time for reveal sketch 99 at Let's Capture Our Memories and it's a cool one by Shirley Mijares Mascarina. I love how this sketch can be used different ways- the photos can be replaced by journaling elements, embellishments, there is tons to do with this sketch. And the background was begging for ink/ paint/ gesso... I'm not that comfortable with making a mess, and so I have lots to learn. I am however enjoying the learning process, and i actually broke out some gesso and a few masks for inking...

Here's the sketch:



And here is my take on the sketch. It's full of Jillibean Soup Sightseeing Stew.



I free stitched up the background after inking it up with some masks by Tim Holtz and Crafter's Workshop. I layered some of the 6x6 paper pad pieces under the picture and a cute Jillibean Soup placemat. I added a few brads and buttons and "Voilà!"

Here are a few details...





Hope you have fun with this one too!

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful Elisa, so many great details and I love them all. I especially love your background work! Great set of photos too!

    ReplyDelete